Steampunk Nerf Gun Dueling Round 2
Presented by the illustrious Captain Quaestor.
Captain Quaestor loves officiating Nerf Gun Dueling, and it shows through his enthusiasm and passion! We have included the set of rules for Nerf Dueling, as well as a waiver and release form (see below) that contestants must sign before competing.
- Only two participants per duel. The participants must wear eye protection.
- The duels will be set as a single-elimination tournament bracket. The contestants will be paired randomly for the first round.
- Each participant will be given a steampunked Nerf gun. They will be instructed by the referee on how to load and fire the pistol.
- Each participant will be given the same amount of foam darts. Darts will be loaded before the start of the duel.
- Before the start of the duel, both duelers will have a chance to “air their grievances” against their opponent. This will be done for entertainment and in a jocular manner. For example: “You are a scoundrel and your airship offends my view of the sky! Therefore, I shall end you”. Foul or explicit language is prohibited.
- The duel starts by having both contestants stand back to back.
- The referee will start a countdown for five steps. Regular walking steps are to be taken. Large irregular steps are not allowed. Most simple foam blasters are not known for distance, so please keep it short.
- After five steps are taken, both contestants will turn around and fire their weapons. The duel is won by “first blood”. So any hit on any part of the body is considered a win, and if both hit each other, the first one to hit their opponent wins.
- After both contestants fire their first shots, If both contestants miss, they can ready their weapons and fire again at their own speed.
- Dodging and running around is not allowed. The duel is a matter of honor and bravery. Trying to escape defeat by avoiding the projectile is considered a cowardly act.
- If both contestants miss all their shots, or in the unlikely case that they hit each other at the same time, then they will settle the duel with a “Rock, Paper, Scissors” game.
- For fun and giggles, it is encouraged for the defeated dueler to act out their injury. “Avast! I have been shot! Goodbye cruel world!”
- Both contestants are obligated to pick up the darts they used from the dueling area. Failure to do so invites disqualification.
- A defeated dueler is out of the contest. The duels will continue until one last contestant remains and is declared the winner.
- 1st Place Winner
- 2nd Place Winner
- 3rd Place Winner