The Steampunk Symposium has partnered with Teaologie LLC to manage our traditional Friday afternoon Tea Stroll to mark the start of the convention’s activities. The event runs from 4PM to 6PM on Friday, features several tables hosted by various airships and Steampunk organizations offering tea and drinks, cookies and snacks, and pleasant conversation to welcome attendees to a weekend of Steampunk fun.
In previous years attendees were at liberty to eat and drink near the Tea Tables, but this year there will be table spaces set up for people to eat and drink after having collected drinks and food.
The Symposium Tea Stroll began at the 2014 Steampunk Symposium, and was the cherished project of Tea Wispfaerie who also organized tea strolls for the 2015 and 2016 Symposiums.
Host a Tea Table!
Participation is open to all, and we invite your Steampunk organization to run a table and promote your group. If you wish to be involved, please contact Sam Birkenkamp at Teaologiestore@gmail.com
If you are interested in running a Tea Table, here are the basic guidelines:
- Tables must include snacks and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Tables do not have to be affiliated with a specific airship, for instance there can be an authors’s table or a teen table.
- Table theme must have a steampunk aspect, not necessarily a specific “type” of steampunk.
- Information must be given as to the needs of the table. Do you need hot water? Cold water? (There are no electrical outlets.) Volunteers needed etc.
- Volunteers will not be assigned by the Symposium. They must come from the table “owners.”
- Is your table friendly to the dietary needs of special groups? Gluten free? Peanut Free? Diabetic friendly? Coffee friendly? etc.
- Table theme, affiliation (or lack thereof in case of teen table etc.), number of volunteers at each table and requirements of the table MUST be communicated by MARCH 14th AT THE LATEST.
We look forward to seeing the creativity and elegance of this year’s Symposium Tea Stroll, and even more we look forward to your fine teas and delicious snacks 🙂