Steampunk Symposium 2020 was originally scheduled for March 27th to 29th, 2020, but on March 12th, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine declared a ban on events involving more than 100 people. As a result of these circumstances the Steampunk Symposium has rescheduled the convention to August 28th to 30th, 2020. We ask that people please be patient and understanding with the Symposium as we navigate all the changes that need to be made in these unprecedented circumstances.
Booking a Room for August
The Holiday Inn Eastgate will now be cancelling any March booking associated with the original dates of the Symposium.
To make a new reservation for August 2020, please follow these links or call the hotel and use the Block Code to get the convention rate.
- General Block – Block Code – STG
- Noise Friendly Wing – Block Code – NFS
- Quiet Floor – Block Code – QBS
The new cutoff date will be August 6th, 2020. Also, please remember that the check in and check out dates need to be changed to correspond with the group dates for the booking link to work.
We will be working soon on getting a new block at that hotel as well, but for now, if you have a room booked at the Fairfield Suites, please call to cancel.
Tickets & Merchandise
Tickets will be transferred to the new August dates, and merchandize will be available for pick up during the new dates. For those with pre-reg tickets, but unable to attend in August 2020, we are working on a number of options that we will be able to announce on Wednesday (3/18/20).
How can you help?
- Wash your hands diligently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or the crook of your elbow if a tissue is unavailable.
If you are sick (especially if you are feverish or displaying signs of respiratory illness) or think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, we ask you to please stay home.